Monday, December 21, 2009

Baci di Dama (Dame's kisses)

I have no idea why these cookies are called "Dame's Kisses" and I'm so lazy these days that I can't even be bothered to google it. But they are very good, so I suggest that you give them a try. As for yours truly, after writing like crazy the first ten days of December I kind of got myself into a funk and haven't posted -nor cooked, to be honest- that much. It's a weird combination of feeling uninspired and having lots on my mind and I let day after day go by without even remembering that I have a blog. I'll try to be better from now on, I promise!

BACI DI DAMA

2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Nutella

Melt butter in a small pan and let cool. Beat butter and sugar until well mixed, then beat in the egg yolks.
In a separate bowl whisk in flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Stir into the butter mixture and chill for 30 minutes.
Scoop into 3/4 inch balls and bake for about ten minutes at 325F.
Let cool, then sandwich with Nutella (or jam, if you prefer jam. But really, Nutella is soooo much better!)

2 comments:

  1. These cookies are so cute, they remind me of little Macarons! Have a wonderful holiday, Chiara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, thought those were macarons at first! So adorable! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails