Well, I guess that I have already failed miserably at posting every day, but I have a good excuse. I swear. See, cooking without a dishwasher is something I'm not used to and after seeing how freaking long it took us to do the damn dishes by hand I kinda went into survival mode (surviving by using the least amount of pots and pans, that is.) But today is the big day when things are gonna change. Between 2 and 4 this afternoon the good folks from Best Buy will be delivering my brand spanking new dishwasher, so I thought I'd celebrate by posting one of my favorite recipes which, incidentally, can be made by using only one pot. It's a win-win situation, right?
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
From Cooking Light
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 minutes.