Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mock salmon tartare

Once again I'm being horrible at posting regularly, but trust me, there is a reason. And I mean a real reason -not just the fact that I'm lazy. I'm trying very hard to concentrate on something that is important and have to do so for another ten days. Then I can go back to my normal self and be horrible about posting regularly for no other reason than my laziness.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this recipe because it's fast and easy, relatively healthy and very, very yummy. I call it a "mock" tartare because it's made with smoked salmon, so technically it isn't a tartare at all.

MOCK SALMON TARTARE

1 pound smoked salmon
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup spicy mustard (increase quantity if you like a more robust flavor)
3 tablespoons capers
1/2 red onion, minced
1 lemon
Salt and pepper

Cut salmon into small pieces, season with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl, mix in red onion and capers and dress with lemon juice. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Before serving mix remaining ingredients until well combined. Stir into salmon mixture and serve with slices of toasted bread.

2 comments:

  1. I don't "do" raw fish very well, so this is a great option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic...I'd love it on a bagel for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails