Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Goat cheese appetizer balls

It seems like yesterday that I was thinking about Thanksgiving being two months away. And now it's here. Only two days away. Of course I havn't even started cooking or prepearing for it, mostly because this working full time thing has kind of gotten in the way ;-) Since Thanksgiving is not a holiday in Europe I had to take the day off and, while I was at it, I also took tomorrow off, so I have two days to prepare the feast! I have to say that I'm super excited about cooking. I hadn't really noticed it, but since I've started working I have been cooking less than I used to and I really, really miss it.
It sounds a little crazy, but it's true.
So tonight I'm baking cornbread that I will use for the stuffing, so that my celiac friend can eat it too. Tomorrow I'll make what can be made ahead: my famous homemade patĂȘ, a pumpkin spread for my vegetarian friend and, most likely, the pumpkin cheesecake I intend to serve as dessert. Thanks to Debbie at Feast for the eyes I will also make the gravy ahead. That way on Thursday I only have to make the turkey and the side dishes. Sounds like a good plan, right? We'll see if I actually follow it through. I'm famous for not following through, so chaos and disorder are always around the corner...
Anyhow... if you are looking for an easy to make and cool to look at appetizer, here's a recipe for you!
GOAT CHEESE APPETIZER BALLS
2 goat cheese packages
2 tablespoons ground almonds
EVOO, 1 tablespoon
2 teaspoons honey
Salt and pepper
Mix cheese, oil, honey in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Using your hands make balls out of cheese mixture. Dredge them into ground almonds.
Serve with a honey drizzle over it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails