Friday, November 25, 2011

Roasted potatoes with thyme and shallots


Thanksgiving weekend is over, at least for me. I work on most Sundays, so here I am, sitting at the office, already looking forward to next weekend. Friday and Saturday I'll be in Zurich, Switzerland, to check out some art museums, eat fondue and, hopefully, bump into some Christmas markets. I was also kind of hoping for snow, but I just checked the forecast and, apparently, we are going to get fog on Friday and rain on Saturday - a wonderful combo to take pictures...

Oh well, maybe they are wrong. We'll see, I guess.

Other than that, I'm trying to eat light this week, after gorging on way too much food over the holiday weekend. That doesn't mean I won't be posting recipes, luckily I'm always behind when it comes to posting, so I have tons of recipes from the past 15 days still unpublished. See? Procrastination can be a good thing.

So here's the first one: these are the potatoes I served on Thursday night. I was tired of serving rosemary potatoes, so I decided to dress them up a bit with thyme and shallots. It was a very good idea, believe me.

ROASTED POTATOES WITH THYME AND SHALLOTS

Fingerling potatoes, peeled
Salt and pepper
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
1 shallot, minced
1 cup vegetable broth

Place potatos in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper, add shallots and thyme and pour 1/2 cup of broth in the dish, so they won't stick to it.

Cook in a preheated oven at 375° for about 30 minutes, adding more broth as it evaporates.

4 comments:

  1. Thyme is my favorite herb to use with any and all veggies! I'm obsessed with it. That's how I know these were absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always serendipity when I come to a post that both entices and includes what I already have in my fridge! I wonder if this can be my main dish? And skip the meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thyme is one of my favorite herbs and I bet these potatoes were fantastic! Exciting about your upcoming trip to Zurich -- hope we get to hear about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one to love thyme so much, but I see everyone loves it! Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails