Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paris in pictures, day 2

My second day in Paris was a wonderful, family-oriented day. Not my family, of course. I spent the day with my friend Virginie's family, celebrating her birthday. It was really great to spend time in their Montmartre apartment, sipping wine and eating homemade food.
 We started off with some salami I brought as a gift. When I bought it in a boulangerie that morning, I was a little perplexed because it felt too hard, but decided to buy two anyway because they were all like that. I figured that showing up empty handed would be far worse than showing up with salami that is a little too hard. I picked an Italian one with black truffles and a smoked one from Corsica. They were both really good and not hard at all. Turns out they were just cold from being near the fridge in the store. I guess I could have figured that out, right? 
Then there were oysters. Many, many, delicious oysters to be eaten with a spash of lemon juice over buttered hazelnut bread. I had never eaten oysters like that before, but I have to say it beats the Tabasco and saltines.
We then had a pork roast with roasted winter vegetables and, after that, we indulged in a trey of cheeses. Hard to tell which one was the best. Wish my stupid camera would have had some battery left to pictures of it, but of course it didn't. Oh well. More to come, people! 

3 comments:

  1. What lovely photos! I loved the story of the salami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Yes, salami tends to get hard when cold, but not all of them are soft...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story of salam is great and the pictures are great too. I will surely give it a try. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails