Monday, July 13, 2009

Spicy avocados

This is a lazy, Monday-morning post (or should I say afternoon?). To make a long story short, I'm too lazy to type in some of the more exciting recipes I've cooked during the weekend, so I', going to write about my easy, super fast avocado side dish. Last week I was browsing through Whole Foods when I saw that they had a bag of 4 avocados (Haas, not the crappy Florida kind) for something ridiculously cheap like $3.99. Being the impulse buyer that I am I grabbed the beg and bought it -not realizing how ripe the avocados already were.
So I pretty much ate avocados all weekend and experimented with them a little, but this basic, easy way of preparing them is still my favorite. It's good as an appetizer or as a side dish, although I suggest you only eat a half or your appetite will be gone in a hurry.

SPICY AVOCADOS

1 avocado
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste

Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Cut the avocado in a half, remove the pit and cut flesh in chunks, without removing it from the shell.
Immediately pour dressing over avocado and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails